View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #29
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I just made a massive shift in industries, albeit in the same company, and I'm happy with my job again. I was pretty unhappy before. Kind of like JohnnyB, I had built something from scratch, which was great, but once it was running and in maintenance mode I completely lost interest. Some people are great at building something, and they're terrible at keeping them going. Others are great the other way around.
That is exactly what I feel. I love the building process, but when it comes to just the maintenance and refinement stage, I can feel my passion slipping away and I fear no longer giving my best to what has been built.

Over the last few years I've also worked on entrepreneurial projects in trade/investment between Canada and China as well as a new private school project and found I really like the challenge and the breadth of what needs dealt with in them. I'm planning to come back to Canada next year to do my MBA as a bridge back to Canada after ten years abroad and also as a way of getting my head out of private education for a while to look at other directions I may go.

It's a big change and a bit scary.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote