View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #17
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think everyone but Ross and Biyombo will be back next year. Ross could probably net you a comparable rotational player or high second round pick, Biyombo is going to get a stupid offer and the Raps simply won't be able to afford him even though I'm sure they'd love to keep him given what he brings as an energy, defensive first guy. And to be fair offensively he has improved a lot since he came into the league as a raw guy. He won't be JV with the moves and shooting, but he can finish effectively around the rim now.

One thing we have to remember is giving DeMar the max doesn't mean he's going to play the whole contract here. If it ever goes south, so long as he doesn't regress, he'll be easy enough to trade. We just gotta hope that he works his ass off all summer on the long range shooting. As a 35% 3PT shooter he becomes a lot more dangerous and opens things up more for him doing the pick and roll with JV instead of mostly Lowry. With the same team back, with more JV, more from Wright and Powell and whatever becomes of the 9th pick, be it player or trade, this will still be the team most likely to beat Cleveland (unless we see a Western star migrate somewhere). And maybe LeBron or Kyrie gets hurt and then who knows? Just don't see them breaking up a team this "close", even if we all know it's not that close. The Durant dream died when they beat San Antonio, if the Spurs beat them then maybe he goes, but I think he's in OKC at least one more year.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-29-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote