View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #1304
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
While the side by side photographic comparison was misleading, the actual facts of there being much less players than the Obama White House visit is true.

A Patriots spokesman, Stacey James, said Wednesday night that 34 players had attended, similar to the turnout when President George W. Bush hosted them in 2004 and 2005. He said that more than 45 players attended the ceremonies in 2002, after the franchise’s first Super Bowl, and that in 2015, when Barack Obama was president, the number of players approached 50.

not only that, a large number of patriots players have verbally gone on record and expressed the reason that they did not attend was because of Trump and his divisive politics.

An NFL roster is 68 players. Obama got 50... So while you call it "partisan crap", in terms of actual number of players is fact.

you go ahead an find me a single player for previous SuperBowl winning teams whose players stated on record that they didn't attend because they hated Clinton or even Bush for that matter.

Finally, they don't need "partisan crap designed to embarrass Trump".... Dear Leader and Spicey and KAC do a better job of doing that on their own thank you very much.
I don't disagee with what you are saying here however bad journalism from good sources should be called out. I expect the Times and WaPo not to do this kind of thing so when you reference them they are credible sources. This type of journalism hurts their credibility and should be called out.

That doesn't mean Trump isn't a moron and lots of people dislike him. Despite that being true we should be calling out the bad journalism.

Tim Thomas is the name that immediately comes to mind for refusing presidential visits of Obama. Not NFL but I am lazy and don't feel like looking.