View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #61
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
There are definitely differences from rink to rink.

I like the suggestion of only keeping the stats for road teams - that would normalize things quite a bit.

But at the end of the day, they are secondary stats and fans should be aware that there are discrepancies in the administration of them.
for such arbitrary and secondary stats they certainly gave what appear to be valid results.

Is there any argument that Cammalleri, Hudler, Cervenka and Tanguay, Eberle, Hall, Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff and Justin Schultz are not non-physical players?

There are a few things that it might be pointing out.... Butler hitting more guys than Glencross for instance... Now that I see that stat I might watch the game differently and see how Butler at least bumps into guys on a regular basis and blocks shots.

The same can be said for keeping track of points..... Who would guess from watching that Glencross is one of the top scoring LW's in the league?

As for the correlation and causation my hypothesis is simple. You don't win enough hockey games with 4+ soft hockey players.

Is that too simple to comprehend?

Show me a team with 4+ soft players and I will show you a team that is not in the playoffs.

Last edited by ricardodw; 08-26-2013 at 09:45 AM.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote