Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Legally.

Again, legally.

Well there's a pretty significant gap.

Did he attack Martin or was he walking away when Martin chased him down and attack him? That's not only a big oversight to just ignore, it's the entire trail.
You could even argue that "confronting someone" is pure speculation at this point.

Zimmermans' story is:
1) He stopped chasing immediately after 911 told him not to. This is supported by the decreased breathing rate in the audio.
2) He took a few more steps forward to note the intersection/address.
3) He walked back to his truck, where TM confronted him.

Now the critical part of my mind is thinking that this is a bit too convenient. But I think it makes exactly as much sense as the other interpretation - that Zimmerman kept chasing, and then TM turned around to start the confrontation.

My only problem with the 2nd story is that TM is a high school athlete, while Zimmerman is out of shape. In no world does a high school athlete not lose someone like Zimmerman in the first 10 seconds of a chase (which, is probably what happened between 1 and 2 in the Zimmerman story).

Quote:
He was a regular person, carrying a gun, confronting someone who hadn't done anything wrong. Then he shot him.
Wow. Quite the jump between "confronting" and "then he shot him". And as I noted, even the confronting part at the moment is speculation and based on the evidence and testimony at the trial.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote