View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #523
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The Problem is wider than that. The problem is that the law in Florida allows anyone to carry a gun. The only requirement is an easily attainable permit. Zimmerman had even been arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer. Zimmerman also had a restraining order filed agaisnt him for an incident of domestic violence.

You'd be surprised how many people in a state like Florida are carrying guns. I'm not even an anti-gun guy, but having a large segment of the population carrying concealed handguns a day to day basis is just a bad idea.

In Zimmerman's defence, he was advised to get a gun by authorities following a run in with a pit bull:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83O18H20120425
I wonder if those authorities gave it any thought as to what would likely happen to Zimmerman if he did shoot the pibull? I'm sure they would have been picking up his corpse too.

I also don't think race was the issue. Just my own 2 cents, but the way I imagine it going down was Zimmerman stalked the kid, then confronted him, the kid then became confrontational, Zimmerman pulled his gun, the kid chose to fight over flight and was more than Zimmerman could handle, so Zimmerman shot him.

I'm not a an expert or anything, but to me, that just sounds like the most plausible scenerio. In Zimmerman's head, it could have been self-defense even if he caused the chain of events, but what happens when the other person is also just defending themselves? Surely, someone has to be guilty... it wasn't just an accident (other than the system that allows these situations to occur so easily).