View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #557
rbochan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME ENVY View Post
Nice Rainbow.

Not to be a downer but the mortality rate for a fish released after being attached to a stringer for any duration is going to be high. Many jurisdictions don't allow this in their regulations as it's considered culling (replacing one fish of differing size for another). Although I have never used a stringer, I believe you should be committed to keeping the fish once you place it on there.
I'm well aware of the mortality factor, which is why I kept her as long as I did. She was chugging all over the 10' wide creek that empties into where I was fishing and took off like a shot out the creek mouth. She'll be just fine.

As to Slava's mentioning the ice... I've seen people out on 1.5" and less of ice, on Otisco Lake before. I consider that tantamount to suicide.
Skaneateles has only frozen completely a couple of times in my lifetime,though there's often ice on a few very shallow areas. That why I go there - I can freeze my ass off just as easily _and_catch fish from shore and not have to worry about falling through the ice. I fell through as a kid and I want no part of it. Short of riding a 4-wheeler out out to a shanty with a wood stove in it, I probably never will ice fish.
rbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbochan For This Useful Post: