View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default New York City - 05/09 to 05/16

Heading to NYC with the girlfriend on May 9th and am looking for some suggestions specific to that time period. I'm pretty familiar with most of the basics as I've visited a couple times and read all of the past threads. Kind of hoping one of our local NYC posters knows of things going on in mid-May that aren't quite apparent to a visitor.

Maybe some new restaurants? Concerts? Broadway shows? Comedy/music clubs? We're staying at the Grand Hyatt on 42nd St.

For sports there's Game 6 of the Heat/Knicks series on the Friday night, Game 7 of Rangers/Capitals if it gets that far on the Saturday, and the Yankees host the Rays and Mariners while we're there.

Girlfriend wants to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, what's the most effective method of getting tickets? Also, I know it's Broadway season and I want to see something new. Any suggestions? Is Death of a Salesman with Phillip Seymour Hoffman getting good reviews? I'm also tempted to just splurge on premium tickets for Book of Mormon and would sacrifice one or more of the sporting events to do so.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote