Thread: Theoren Fleury
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 10:02 AM   #1255
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
Pushing back against nutjob conspiracies is considered self-righteous? The crap Theo spouts off about is so detached from reality that it's insane.

If that's what you think then you're just as dopey at Theo.
Is posting anonymously on a message board "pushing back"? Lol.

If the posters here that potentially would go to the ASET conference that he is speaking at really want to "push back", they will go hear him speak and then if he is spouting off his usual conspiratorial nonsense, feel free to call him out on it during the Q and A session that typically follows, or go have a direct conversation with him about it at the event.

From what it sounds like, he is there to speak only on addiction, his mental health issues and sexual abuse. Something he is actually able to speak directly on as he has significant experience with it.

I do not like Theo, or respect him very much for his political viewpoints, but that doesn't mean he can't have value talking about his experiences outside that realm.

I have been to an alumni event where he spoke, I went in expecting the absolute worst and he never brought up a single thing about his conspiratorial thoughts. I am sure they were there, but he kept it professional and his stories and experiences were worth the time.

This doesn't mean I like or respect him any more than i did before, but at least I am willing to give him a chance to speak. Silencing everyone who you don't agree with on one select topic of conversation eliminates your ability to hear anything of value on other topics. It's narrowminded and self-centered as the things you hate about him.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote