View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #70
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBCalgary View Post
So, the "youth campus" is the proposed site for the "field house" right? (I'm not sure why you would refer to it as anything else, but whatever.) In looking at this proposal I still prefer the original plan put forth by the Flames.
I'm wondering if they chose this plan as a possible way to get a large enough portion financed. As in, let us develop this area in order to help facilitate the cleanup of this large creosote mess, which has to be cleaned up at some point anyways...win-win.
I am sure that if they didn't have to deal with Remington or the Stampede board then the area around the Stampede grounds would be first choice. With the city owning the majority of the properties on the west side it simplifies negotiations and financing.
In this idea, the arena is stand-alone with the notion that McMahon would be renovated and the field-house would be built at foothills stand-alone as originally proposed.

The Youth Campus is a real project on Stampede Park.

As for putting an arena on Stampede Park (land owned by the City), I personally believe both the City and Stampede would want it there, I think the hesitation would be from the Flames themselves. But I think it's something that could be worked out.