View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #47
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

this sequence of posts in the show thread (starting from a month ago) now annoys me. this is also HBO's fault because they're perpetually leakier than the Titanic, but I hope this is the last of such "speculation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
Just going off everyone elses comments and the amount of foreshadowing we have seen so far, I am drawing a bold conclusion which IMO makes sense.

Jon leads a group beyond the wall (this is clear from the trailer) things go south and they are out numbered, Dany flies in to save the day (she has the confidence based on last episode) the Night's King throws an ice spear right into one her dragons (based on someone's previous comments in this thread Viserion makes the most sense) dragon falls and collapses to the ground and is swarmed by wights, the episode ends with the Night's King reanimating Viserion and now at this point the wall comes down and anything goes.
Quote:
The biggest concern for me is if just one dragon can destroy a Lannister fleet, what happens when three dragons attack wights, it will be over in seconds so either we are headed for the most anti-climatic war that has brewed over 7 seasons or the WW surprise everyone with their own weapon (I am almost convinced after this episode there will be some sort of ice dragon, lion, magical ice creature to make it an equal playing field). Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the spear to Drogon was foreshadowing to show the dragons can be injured and killed.
Quote:
The more I think about it now, its hard not to think the Nights King gets his hands on an ice dragon or something equivalent. The show producers are known to put some sort of significance in each scene and the close up shot of the Giant makes me think there is some serious foreshadowing.

Just think about, right now we have three flame breathing dragons which can kill all the wights in one go (their only weakness is fire) and there is no way that entire massive dead army which has been accumulating over 7 seasons dies that quick. Ice dragon creates an equal playing field.

Its also obvious Jon leads a group beyond the wall so whats not to say they quickly get outnumbered only to have Daenerys attempt to save the day and burn all the wights only to have the Nights King kill and resurrect a dragon as his own. It would set for an uncertain war with no side having a clear advantage.......or maybe I am just thinking too deep and really want to see an ice dragon.
Quote:
Did anyone else pick up on some potential foreshadowing. The scene with the dead army and the Wights, the shot of the giant makes me wonder if the Nights King can resurrect anything, perhaps direwolfs and dragons as well?
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post: