View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:
Default Godless Apostate

Collection of stupid religion stories that annoy me.

Gay rights in Uganda are still no laughing matter

Papal resignation linked to inquiry into 'Vatican gay officials'

China has now banned reincarnation without state approval.

Pat Robertson said that "awful-looking" women are to blame for a romance-deficient marriages.

-----

Just to be clear, I don't come from any religion really. I follow Daoism which is really just a philosophy of how to live happily. I don't respect any irrational belief systems and especially ones as vile and wicked and divisive as the big monotheisms but I think there's a chance that I might actually have less respect for Christian moderates. The way I see it, if you're intellectually capable of embracing evolution by natural selection to explain the transition of life forms then you're intellectually capable of seeing that it completely destroys that whole "you're born a filthy sinner and responsible for that whole blood sacrifice thing in the desert 2000 years ago and therefore must pay your fine via the compulsory love and worship of someone who you don't even know existed" BS right out of the water. It's that simple.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post: