View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #1972
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I really hope they don't sell. Their BABip for RISP is at something like an all time low for 29 years (!). They are just not getting the hits to fall with runners in scoring position. It's somewhat of a miracle that with all the injuries and bad luck they've had that they are still in the race. Baseball is a long season for a reason - their luck has to turn around somewhat.

And if they do sell, where does that leave the team? We don't exactly have a number of prospects knocking on the door of the MLB roster, so trading for prospects and draft picks would leave the team in shambles. I sort of get annoyed when things aren't going great, everyone just says "blow it up", with no real thought as to the implications and hows a re-build is done properly.

Jays finally have good attendance numbers and people are excited about the team. I'd be very surprised if there was a sell off of players. Ownership and management want the fans to keep coming, and you know they can't sell a re-build now after only a few years of post-season play after their long drought.
So what point is it not luck? It was the same story last year for Most of the year. Luck has nothing to do with it in my opinion. This team can't generate offence with the homerun, is slower than molasses, and gets older each and every year. We would have been exposed last year if not for career Years from 80% of our rotation.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post: