View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #2672
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
have bennet, bouma, stajan, ferland, chiasson, F. hamilton, wideman, jokipakka, really been such strong contributors this year that it would be detrimental to the team success to have them sit in favour of some of the kids who have done seemingly well with the heat?

i'm quite annoyed that the flames don't look to be making any real line up or roster changes other than kulak in for jokipakka (hey, that's something i guess).
I agree.

At some point this organization needs to let guys that are prospects that are close to being ready develop in the NHL.

Guys like Wotherspoon, Kulak, Jankowski, Klimchuk, Poirier, Shinkaruk, actually need to be given 10 or more straight games in the NHL to develop and adjust to play at the NHL level.

I feel like development can stall if you keep guys in the AHL for too long without having to grow or adjust to the next level.

5 of those guys I listed have all played over 100 AHL games - time to let them actually have a run of play in the NHL to see if they can adapt and continue to develop at this level.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 01-23-2017 at 11:26 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: