View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #477
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Navarro won't be 2WAR as a back-up. He'll absolutely be an upgrade on Thole as back-up thou.

I think the Jays are going to be massively better defensively...

Saunders/Pillar: Huge upgrade over Melky
Martin: Huge upgrade on Navarro
Pompey: Upgrade on Colby
Smoak/Valencia: Upgrade on Lind/EE (Defensively)
Donaldson: Upgrade on Lawrie (Lawrie was good but Donaldson is better plus we won't have to watch Juan Fransisco try to be a 3B)

Every other position should basically be the same as last year. Hopefully the new turf helps out Reyes (apparently it plays slower then the old turf). The huge wildcard for the Jays is pitching... so many rookies. I have huge concerns about Sanchez in particuler, I hope he can at least be what Henderson Alverez was in 2012. If he can do that then I think the Jays will be ok but that means he'll need to really cut down on his milb walk rate. If not let's pray that Johan Santana's arm doesn't fall off.
I should have clarified that I meant infield D will be their achilles heal, just my opinion.

I totally agree with you that outfield D has improved I just think that even with supposed slower turf at the Dome the Jays two most important defensive positions on the infield, up the middle, have some big question marks.

I agree that Sanchez worries me as well. I don't think he has looked all that impressive in spring training and it's likely somewhat behind the recent pick up of Felix Doubront.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote