View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #11
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I wonder if Sliver will have an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Lake Bonavista is a great neighborhood but I would not categorize it as great value. It's expensive because it's highly desirable.

I'm more interested in the neighborhoods people think are flying under the radar, and are priced accordingly.
Yeah, Peanut is right. The physical house you get in LB is hard to reconcile against the price. The guys that live in LB that have it made are the super wealthy ones living in pimp houses. For the average Joe, you're going to be in a house way worse than what you'd have for the same money in most other neighbourhoods. Of course, you get the lake, the schools, the C-train, Avenida, Safeway, Lakehouse, Brewster's, etc. Plus you're bordered by Trico Centre, Southcentre Mall, and Fish Creek Park, so the amenities can't be beat. Amazing access, too. Good value? Probably not. Best lifestyle? Without any shred of doubt (objectively speaking). The closest you can come if you didn't want LB is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
Top neighbourhoods with great value, in my opinion, are Ramsay, Inglewood and I also think Lakeview. Parkland.
...Parkland. What a rad neighbourhood that is. I don't know about the prices there, but if calgarywinning is suggesting they're affordable then that is awesome because it is so nice. I ride my bike along that ridge above Fish Creek all the time and I love it. And Park 96 is cool, too.