View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #49
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

I am glad that it is Obama - not Romney - that is in office to deal with the current international quandaries. Not because I like Obama's foreign policy but because Romney's embarrassing lack thereof which would have been heavily influenced by the same neo-cons that took advantage of the last Republican President that was uninterested in foreign policy.

I am much more hopeful for Susan Rice as Secretary of State, but regardless of who takes over (even if it was Romney/Senor) can we evaluate Clinton's tenure as SOS as anything but a failure?

She leaves with a hot war raging in Israel, a humanitarian crisis in Syria, a desperate coutry approaching nuclear capabilities, an "ally" in Pakistan that is using American debt to fuel their own military capabilities against a more sensible ally (India), and the expansion of decades-long willingness to engage in murdering whomever the CIA or White House please without regard for the sovereignty of the nations encroached upon or the lack of a trial afforded to underage American citizens.

Her appointment looks to be little more than a coalescing of the Democratic party for electoral purposes from a wily President that entrenched the vicious elements of previous administrations he had pledged to reform.