View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #52
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the whole point was that it could have been anything. These people will just keep working towards the next big thing -- even if their next big thing isn't THE next big thing.

It seemed like the light went on for Donna when she saw the guy at the jukebox, so I was thinking along the line of Napster or Radio on the Internet (which someone mentioned in passing earlier in the episode).

Star Trek: Generations came out in November 1994, so that's the time frame of the episode. Audionet (which later became Broadcast.com) launched in 1995. That was the company that made Mark Cuban a billionaire when he sold it to Yahoo! in 1999.

After the first season, I never would have imagined this would have become one of the best shows out there. If not for the glowing reviews for season 2, I never would have come back after season 1. I remember thinking during the first season that they needed to make Donna and Cameron the centers of the show. It's very rare that a show actually does what I think they should to make it better ... and this is one time where they did and it worked beautifully.

It always made me laugh whenever they cut to Bos somewhere and he was in the middle of telling one of his jokes. The pure joy he had when the doctor told him he'd live well into the 21st Century was great. It's funny to think that even when it was only 5 years away, we still thought of the year 2000 as some crazy sci-fi future.