View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 10:54 AM   #17
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I guess I'm not surprised to hear that about the Defy, because of the ortholinear (well, I guess columnar, it's still staggered) layout. But the Raise is actually not that big an adjustment. The split and tented keyboard takes a slight bit of getting used to especially if you have bad habits (i.e. pressing a key near the middle of the layout with the wrong finger) but it really didn't take me very long, and the raise's design (whereby you can just use it as a normal staggered horizontal row keyboard and then gradually split it) makes that part easy to adjust to as well - although I never had much of an issue from the start with that.

I decided against the defy for more or less that reason - I'm going to have to type on staggered keyboards a lot, on laptops and otherwise, and I don't want it to feel awkward.
Right, Columnar.

tbh though it isn't too bad if you're patient. Tougher adjustment is going from a full 108 key layout to having to use macro keys etc

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote