Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #418
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Very interesting article/interview from Dan Kinving with Troy Ward:

Ward says:

Anyone wanna take a stab at who and what he's implying here?

I'm trying to think about who's on the team based on their "skill and size" and not their fundamentals and a few names that pop into my head are Kolanos (skilled), Breen (size), and Connelly (skilled). Maybe to a lesser extent Aliu (size) and Sylvester (skilled).

With the second quote I bolded, the guys on big contracts who aren't where THEY think they should be is an interesting one. I would almost put money on one of those guys being Kolanos. I guess we're talking about players who have a "big head" and think they're too good for the AHL? Just thinking aloud here.

Anyone have any input?

EDIT - Sorry, couldn't find the article on the internet yet. I typed the quote directly from today's Abbotsford News newspaper though. As soon as it shows up on the internet I'll post the link.
The more I hear Ward speak, the more I appreciate his honesty. I'm not qualified to make an "intellectually honest" judgement, but if Brent isn't rehired, I think Ward could be a good replacement, especially with a younger team. But I wonder how the veterans would appreciate his honesty?
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote