View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #413
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very interesting article/interview from Dan Kinving with Troy Ward:

Ward says:
Quote:
"As a team, we don't have problems in our systems right now, and that's a credit to the guys on the ice and the guys who do the teaching (assistant coaches Luke Strand and Cail MacLean).

"The problems that we're having are fundamental issues. We have some guys who can't execute the fundamentals. They know where they need to be as a group and how it relates to each other, but it's just the fact that we've got guys who have gotten here based on some physical or some skill things, but they haven't gotten here based on fundamentals.

"We have guys out here who have big contracts who aren't where they think they should be because their fundamentals are poor. It's not that they're not good guys, and they have a little bit of skill and size. They just break down the system because their fundamentals can't handle it."
Anyone wanna take a stab at who and what he's implying here?

I'm trying to think about who's on the team based on their "skill and size" and not their fundamentals and a few names that pop into my head are Kolanos (skilled), Breen (size), and Connelly (skilled). Maybe to a lesser extent Aliu (size) and Sylvester (skilled).

With the second quote I bolded, the guys on big contracts who aren't where THEY think they should be is an interesting one. I would almost put money on one of those guys being Kolanos. I guess we're talking about players who have a "big head" and think they're too good for the AHL? Just thinking aloud here.

Anyone have any input?

EDIT - Sorry, couldn't find the article on the internet yet. I typed the quote directly from today's Abbotsford News newspaper though. As soon as it shows up on the internet I'll post the link.

Last edited by Pierre "Monster" McGuire; 04-03-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: