View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #403
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
The Flames have a high opinion of Ward as a talent evaluator, so a LOT of the point of having these kids in with Troy during the stretch drive is so he can figure out how they slot in for next year (and to see if they can handle pressure situations).

Reinhart is the most likely to slot in given his Memorial Cup experience, I'd say.
I have noticed that Ward favours bringing in College guys especially players that he has a history with and it seems that the Flames are fine with his suggestions. I certainly am not an expert but I don't think he is a great talent evaluator or maybe it is his talent development that I am not sure of.
I wonder if the Flames were disappointed with Kolanos when he was up with the Flames. Ward was reponsible for bringing Kolanos to the Heat and he (Kolanos) certainly is a force to be reckoned with in the AHL but I don't think it is going to happen in the NHL. I was hoping it would turn out better but I am wondering if Ward's talent evaluation was correct on that one.
At any rate the shelves are full right now so there is no excuse for the Heat to not make the playoffs and have some success.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote