View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:
Default Matrix directors, formerly brothers, are now sisters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ana-wachowski/

They are notoriously private, so like me many people probably wondered why that one Wachowski brother was now directing movies with his sister instead of his brother. Turns out it was the same two people all along. A little unfortunate she had to be forced out by the sounds of it.

Quote:
She said she was trailed by tabloids, including London’s Daily Mail, eager to tell the story of how a well-known director had transitioned to another gender. It didn’t matter, she said, that outing trans people before they are ready to re-introduce themselves to the world can lead to suicide. And, for awhile, the glossy magazines in the supermarket aisle held off.

“The editors of these publications didn’t print a story that was only salacious in substance and could possibly have a potentially fatal effect,” Lilly Wachowski, who co-directed “The Matrix” trilogy under the name Andy Wachowski, wrote in a lengthy statement to the Windy City Times, a Chicago LGBTQ publication. “And being the optimist that I am, I was happy to chalk it up to progress.”

But when a man claiming to be a Daily Mail reporter showed up on her doorstep earlier this month, Wachowski, 48, decided to make public what was known already to her friends and family: Like her sister Lana Wachowski — who co-directed “The Matrix” under the name Larry Wachowski — she is a transgender woman.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote