View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Quality of ice conditions at the dome (rant number three - Ken King please read)

After watching the opening two games at the dome it appears that somebody is not doing their job. Rob Kerr and Simmer commented on it, and the spectators have also. It's unbelievable to think that a place like Calgary likely has the worst ice conditions in the NHL. The last two games featured cricket style bats at the puck and possibly a record number of icings and errant pucks.

This is an insult to Feaster who has tried to draft and ice skilled players, to the coaching (Bob betcha didn't count on stretch passes working on a sheet of gravel), and the fans who are forced to bear witness to the most broken type of hockey seen in a long time.

My guess is that two junior Suncor engineers could be hired and the situation would be addressed. Maybe it's an equipment issue, a money issue, or something else. Regardless I would assume that ownership has the wherewithal and understanding of this very basic and fundamental need to make things right.

Indycar drivers to not achieve record times on gravel, nor do tennis players have their best matches. Nor do curling players show their best talent and skill on sub-par sheets of ice. While the argument always exists that the opposition skates on the same ice it still does nothing for the spectator nor the confidence of the home team. This run and gun style of Hartley and the stretch passing is simply going to waste. I actually see the flames are getting used to the ice (re the puck in glove-to-stick scoring play of Tanguay). But it's not the kind of thing you want to practice.

Fix it. Please. Now!!! It's a sheet of freaking ice!!!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post: