View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #1335
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard_the_duck View Post
Your reaction is exactly what Boras was after. It's a PR strategy where Boras is trying to make the Jays uncomfortable by bringing media pressure.

It's a non-issue that has become an issue by Boras' strategic move
I don't care about Boras or Sanchez, the minute Sanchez took on Boras there was no way he was a long term Blue Jay and as far as i'm concerned they should milk him for everything he has for the rest of his tenure in Toronto. They should have at least given him the original offer though.

What I do care about is the message it sends to future draft picks. If i'm on the fence about signing with the Jays or re-entering the MLB draft, seeing them take a commodity like Sanchez down to minimum after he rejected their offer wouldn't sit well with me. There's only a couple instances out there in recent times where this has been done to high end players. One with Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole) and the Yankees (Betances). The rest either get a bump or at a minimum, the qualifying offer that was originally extended. Syndergaard, Betts, Correa, Bryant, Fernandez, are all recent examples of this.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote