View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #1331
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
The Mets gave Degrom a raise when they renewed his contract despite him rejecting their original offer on principle.
Sounds like a good reason to never accept the offer the Mets make. Look, the players have zero leverage, it's an ELC in all but name. Let me ask you this... what did Sanchez get by saying no to the raise that the Jays didn't even need to make? The Jays have a formula they use to determine pre-arb salaries... I assume this is known amoung agents and players so why turn down more money knowing you get less? Because Bores wanted to complain about it to the media to get his other clients more money since other teams might rather pay the money then deal with Bores running his mouth.

Sorry, 100% agree with the Jays here. Bores was going to whine about you to the media regardless of whether you stuck to your business practices or not, why reward Sanchez for giving him the excuse to do so?

If Sanchez wants a raise more so then the Jays are prepared to offer then work out an extension in lieu of getting renewed. Don't reject the raise and send out your pit bull of an agent to whine about it. Really, if you're all that interested in getting a raise publically complaining about your employer ain't the usual way to go about it so there's some bad faith going on there as far as I'm concerned

Last edited by Parallex; 03-16-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote