View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #91
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I am quite confident that Backlund is extended, and will be stunned if he is moved at the trade deadline. Even in the event that the two sides are for some reason unable to come to terms on a deal by then, I don't believe the team would ever entertain trading one of their most important players heading into the playoffs. This is not remotely the same as trading Curtis Glencross on an expiring contract.
Backlund is a core player and the decision to move him or not cannot wait for the season much less the trade deadline in my opinion. If Treliving and Backlunds camp can't come to an agreement in the next month or so the Flames need to look at moving him for an appropriate player, maybe Duchene?

This thing can't drag to the deadline. Like you said this isn't Curtis Glencross. Backlund moving is an important piece and a deadline deal to another playoff team just doesn't make sense. You won't get the "now" player you want and Calgary really doesn't need futures for him.

Whatever happens needs to happen this off season. Thankfully I'm confident in Trelivings ability to get this deal done.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post: