View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hoping the early pull of Del Bianco isn't an indication that he gets shaken easily. I think we are going to need some minutes out of him this season as Frankie won't be able to take them all. I didn't know much about Zach Higgins going in but he kept us in there. One thing I did like about Del Bianco when he was in was he is deadly with the long breakout pass. Keep firing those to Bell.

Snider and Burton kept us over .500 on faceoffs. Snider won a huge one with seconds left to give us a chance to tie it up, but his D needs some work. He looked a little flat footed at times.

Berg was great. Digby needed the ball more, he is a big body and can crash and bang to the net well. Dickson had a tough game, was pretty much shut down.

A lot of our shots in the first half especially seemed low percentage, just weren't finding good lanes. Vancouver's goalie wasn't spectacular, we just needed to get the ball to better spots. The intensity in the fourth quarter to a big jump, if they had pushed that hard all game they probably wouldn't have had to come back from down by 5.

Officiating was horsepucks on both sides. That fourth quarter cross checking call on Mike Carnegie was such a dive. I've seen bantam games where they wouldn't call that soft crap. I don't know what the solution is to better NLL officiating is, there is no money for development it seems and even moving referees up through minor-major-senior has to be difficult as the pro game is so much faster.

All in all, happy to be back in lacrosse season. Good crowd for the opener (11,500) and our new seats have great sightlines.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post: