View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #12
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Here's what has been created so far. Again, this is all very new, and still needs work. This is concept only, and still not a for sure thing either. I know that and am cool if it's decided that we never use it. It's been super fun nauseating to make, but I needed the practice anyway.
Also, the domain name is temporary, and could be changed to any other domain, at any time.

www.cphlsim.com

Feel free to take a look and give it a test run. Layout/pics, etc are all able to be edited. Most pages/links should work right now. Some link to existing pages, some have been redone. You're going to find mistakes, but I'm not too worried about that just yet. There's still lots I want to improve, like changing the "teams" drop down in the main menu (it's too long right now) and improve the look of the table on the "GM List" page. Etc, etc.

It's a mini makeover. Most of the stuff on the inside is still the same, and I've just tried to give it a more modern first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavillian View Post
Is this just going to be an overhaul of the informational/brochure site? Or of the functional portion as well?
I'd love to tackle both, but for now, I'm focusing on the aesthetics. And not that I think the current website is deplorable. It serves its purpose, and very well. I just thought a makeover might be nice to the front end for now, and we'd move more to the back end if/when anyone can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
...We can build out a lot of CMS components for news and articles but the key is populating that stuff. If the content is not going to be maintained or generated then there is no point to it. You highlight this when it comes to the content for the history section. We don't really have any content to put there, so someone would have to own developing and maintaining it going forward
I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I don't want commish access or any promotion either, but I would happily handle any updates on the website that I would be capable of populating. I can commit to that for sure.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote