View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #141
Insufficient Funds
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post

Is this a decent contract with little risk and some potential upside? Yup, I agree with that. When you factor in we gave up a 2nd round pick for it, that's where the shine definitely comes off. Bottom 6 players are easily had, and can easily be filled by someone from the farm at the same or cheaper price. I don't think you use a 2nd round pick for depth unless it's at the trade deadline, you are a in a position to win now, and the player you are getting back is a proven commodity.

I give Treliving a great deal of credit, but this is not a deal I can ever get behind. Hopefully Lazar proves me wrong and lights it up, but I don't that's going to be the case. We bought far too high on Lazar in my opinion. Probably going to be another Shinkaruk. Recognizable name, who really isn't going to ever live up to it.
You say you don't like that the Flames spent a 2nd on him because one of our prospects could fill the same roll. Obviously management disagrees and Lazar is ready to play now. Outside of Janko, no one is ready to make the jump on the forward group. I would rather have a 22 year old kid on an under $1m contract for the whole season than some scrub vet at the deadline. The difference between Lazar and Shrink? Ones an NHLer ones not.
Insufficient Funds is offline   Reply With Quote