View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:51 PM   #28
Braden
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Mine are definitely a little different then most. I am more confident in Mike Smith then I ever was in Brian Elliott, and with Eddie Lack returning to Glen Gulutzan it feels like a strange home coming. I feel we have a better starter then last year and a cheaper but equivalent backup. Anyways on to the questions.

1. Loosing Deryk Engelland was a huge blow to the teams physical play. Who is going to take that big step up to fill his shoes? Gazdic I hope never makes an NHL game unless it's game 1 vs the oilers and then sent down. But really who? Ferland? If he's top line I see him stepping down in this department.. Stone? Hamonic? Bennett? I see all those guys to valuable to be dropping the mits and risking injury every other game. Iginla? (Last resort) Hathaway? (Think we have other more skilled players then him)

2. Top line RW. I really do hope Ferland is this guy. However it seems after the hot stretch they really seemed to "cool" off, was that teams just figuring out our new 1st line? I don't see jagr or iginla filling this roll. I do however like the idea of Bennett for a good long test run (move back to C after a season of hopefully a major confidence boost) The way Brad has talked in interviews really seems like he is working hard on finding another capable winger, Who will that player be? (Please be James Neal)

3. For some reason I agree with the OP in asking what do we have in Troy Brouwer? I understand he isn't a top 6 forward liked they had hoped, but has his play declined so much that he really is an anchor even on the 4th line? I like to think he will have a slight bounce back season or atleast play the way he did before the injury (I remember being relatively impressed with him for the first 10 or so games when Monahan and Gaudreau were invisible) regardless of where he plays aslong as he isn't on Bennett's line I will be happy!

Last edited by Braden; 07-16-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote