View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #69
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempuki View Post
That's not true.

Here's how you criticize a PP coach: "putting a winger on the point exposes us to SH goals."

Here's how you criticize a goal coach: "playing too deep in the net exposes shorter goalies to high shots".

Please show us your criticism of any coach.
...and there you go enforcing my point because you obviously missed my point.

People don't create these ridiculous and arbitrary standards to measure what is is "acceptable" criticism when it comes to fans talking about other coaches. Yet for some reason with Sigalet there's suddenly a ton of people playing criticism police.

Here's my criticism of Sigalet: there's nothing suggesting he's very good at his job. He's worked with quite a few goalies in the short time he's worked either in the AHL or in the NHL. None have improved, many have lapsed. He might be pretty good, he might be pretty bad, I don't know. But I really can't believe he's too good to replace with the track record that he has. It's not an original opinion, but you asked so there it is.

However, I don't care much. I do however find the discussion weird and unpleasant. Why are so many so aggressive about the perceived lack of quality criticism?

It's a fan forum. Go work for a hockey organization if you want to be surrounded by professional opinions.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote