View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 12:16 AM   #57
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Meh, that's not how business works. A high level manager has very little knowledge of the details in all the employees under him/her (unless they are a bad micromanager) but nevertheless, people get terminated all the time for whatever reason. Maybe its personality based, maybe its performance based. Maybe its cutting costs or restructuring. The point is, if my owner gave me an objective, and its not met, regardless if my boss didn't quite hear me out or understands the particulars, chances are I still get fired. What boss is ever understanding?

Sigalet's objective is to coach the goalies under his scope so that the goalies may improve the organization. That is deduced by the reasonable knowledge that 1) the organization wishes to improve at every position, 2) Sigalet is assigned to the goalie position. So far there hasn't been many successful examples of improvement at the goalie position. Despite many assets, such as scouts, draft picks, and prospects being put into the goalie position over the years.
What goalies have come through the system so far that have been A+ goalie prospects? Sigalet can suggest whatever he wants but unless the goalies can execute in game its all for naught.

As an aside, I have worked under a number of employers who are very understanding of why someone is being let go. Sometimes it is indeed beyond the employees control. Sometimes it is just not meeting expectations.

I think we can assume Sigalet is being evaluated by Treliving, and to date has not been relieved of his duties. To assume you know more than the staff on the Flames is more than presumptuous. It shows, in my opinion, how little you know of what Sigalet actually does, and what exactly, he is supposedly failing at.

I don't claim to have the answers either, but he has apparently done enough thus far to remain employed, and continues to do so for the foreseeable future.
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote