Thread: 2017 NHL Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #696
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTech780 View Post
Except Fox isn't even close to being as good of a skater as Karlsson. Fox has good agility and is strong on his skates, but he doesn't have anything resembling an explosive stride. I really think that lack of top end speed is going to hinder him as he progress to pro hockey.
Ryan Ellis is the guy that jumps into my mind as a comparable. He's a good skater, but not a burner. He's also small but it hasn't held him back.

It would be interesting to compare their NHLE's in their draft and draft+1 years.

While I was looking at Adam Fox's stats it made me wonder about other USHL defensemen that played on the under-18 development team and their scoring rates.

While I was browsing through the lists something kind of jumped out at me for D in their draft year:

Clendening-0.65ppg(draft -1)
Werenski-0.58 (draft -1)
Forbort--0.54
Faulk-0.57
Skjei-0.50
Trouba-0.82
McAvoy-0.83 (draft -1)
Butcher-0.5
Belpedio-0.58
Dougherty-0.52
White-0.85
Krys-0.72
Fox-0.88

These are all the defenders from 2009 to present who have been drafted and put up 0.5ppg in their draft year on the Under-18 development list.

The thing I noticed is that there aren't any busts on the list. I mean Clendening is kind of trending out, and Butcher, Belpedio, and Krys haven't played an NHL game yet, but they were drafted 2013 and after. There is still a good chance they will.

Overall I think its a pretty strong list, and as a result I would bet on Fox playing some games in the NHL at the very least.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post: