View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #5746
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
You can put a lot of things on Kevin Lowe, trading down in the draft not as much. The Corey Perry and a first round draft pick in exchange for Comrie was such a fumble that I can't help but shake my head as to how he stayed employed. Not only did he make a much worse trade, but the damage to Edmonton's reputation as a team was cemented by holding a player hostage before allowing for a trade to go through. Why would a player choose to go to a team that treated their players like that.

He proved himself to be a petty, self righteous, and foolish manager whose reign of ineptitude was only saved by a lottery ball. The one thing that I don't like about a lot of Edmonton fans was that they act as if it was all sort of a master plan, the walking in the desert of the lottery picks for longer than the Jews in the desert.
That single lottery ball changed so much for that organization. If it doesn't come up McDavid then there is no way they make the front office changes they did. What would have been interesting is to see what would have happened the following year. The Oilers for sure would have been in on the Matthews sweepstakes. It would be interesting to see if he would have stayed in Europe if the Oilers won and were still a blundering mess lead by Lowe and MacTavish.