View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #72
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
My description was probably a little off. I wasn't speaking about a drainage trench that is buried into the floor but just a subtle 1/2 inch to 1 inch deep channel down the middle to flow water out the garage. Similar to what you would see on parking garage ramps in the city. Kind of like tire sipes. In reality you don't even need a channel if the garage floor is slightly sloped from the left and right sides into the middle and from the back to the garage door. From what I've seen people typically only slope the floor from back to front.
The problem with that is the center channel won't get sealed off by the weathestripping on the garage door. If you have a heated garage in -20 temps cold air will rocket through the gap and your bills will be maxed out.

That leads me a problem I'd love to hear a solution to if anyone has one. My garage is sloped correctly and water runs to the garage door. But the weatherstripping prevents the water from running out and it pools at the sides of the door, ruining whatever is stored there.

I've tried drainage socks which can't keep up. Any other ideas to either contain or drain this water?
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote