View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #125
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
I don't remember Monahan or Bennett saying anything about Matt Stajan. I could have missed it though, got a link?

He said Stajan has made the 4th line better. Byron has been on the 4th line with Stajan and Bollig.

People keep saying Stajan is so great defensively, I don't see it at all. He constantly makes bad passes, bad reads, panics with the puck, runs around in our zone. He was horrible last night. Every shift.

I have watched almost EVERY single game that Stajan has played in his 6 years here. He has been beyond underwhelming. He can be easily replaced, especially when he is playing 10 mins a night. He will be pushed out of the lineup soon.
To the bolded part. If you're referring to the Anaheim game by saying that then you might have a point, but constantly throughout this year? Yeah, I don't think so.

I think what's going on here is that you've been so haunted, maybe even traumatized, by his general horrible play before the 2012-13 season that sometimes when you see him have a bad game these days like he may've had on Wednesday against Anaheim, it brings back those haunting memories for you of his play from his first 3 years here. And not only do those memories come back for you, but so does the anger, rage & vitriol over him and his disappointing initial 3 years here, and it manifests itself into posts like this.

Because of this, you may be stuck in the past and are remembering too much of his disappointing play from all 3 years before the lockout season rather than his generally significantly better play from the lockout season till now.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote