View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #19
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
as long as no other movies feature a giant death star contraption as that concept has been done too many times....
Try reading the Legends EU, where every super weapon had to be bigger and badder then the Death Star.

the indestructible Sun Crusher. The World Devastators, the Galaxy guy.

And then they completely over powered force users.

Suddenly Palpatine was conjuring up these planet swallowing Force Storms. A ancient Sith Lord could cause stars to go into instant Super Nova. Jedi trainees were pushing Super Star Destroyers out of orbit and across the Solar System.

The greatest and worst line in Star Wars was "size Matters not" by Yoda because every writer could suddenly have free license to make Force Users basically gods.

That's why in some ways people were disappointed in the Jedi in the prequel trilogy. I mean the one thing that I really liked was that Yoda and Ben were old and had been weakened in the OT, Luke was really only partially trained and Vader was a shadow of his former self, so the force powers were muted, Vader could throw stuff across the room, and they could move objects and block blaster shots with light sabers or their hands. When Palpatine was reading Luke's mind and throwing force lightning he was powerful.

Then you go into the Prequels, and they're using force speed, and they're fighting so much faster, and tossing objects around, you saw what a trained Jedi could do.

And then you get in the prequels and basically rookie jedi were like Palpatine in the movies, I would totally murder him, now watch me crush this moon on the other side of the galaxy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote