View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #176
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Feterik and the rest of that group (Fred Fetari) turned this organization into a joke, and treated some long-standing members of the organization like dirt.
EE is right. Anyone slamming the current owners doesn't remember that parade of clowns that we've seen come through in the past.
I think at the end of the day we're talking about two slightly different things, or focusing on different things.

My point was that Flames ownership is essentially greedy, which is sort of a stupid thing to say about any business because the notion is inherent. Yet, there's something about the way Flames ownership runs an organization to which borderlines on contempt for fans. It speaks nothing to how they manage the product of such business, however.

I guess when it comes down to it, I just think these organizations could do more for the fans. They seem to be excellent community ambassadors, which is great. But the rewards or loyalty to long-term fans, the price increases annually- the cost of everything maximized 24/7- even in down market conditions in the city- the asking for fans and taxpayers to front the majority of a cost of a building to which they almost exclusively benefit... it all just rubs me the wrong way. Lastly, I have a lot of experience dealing with one of these companies these people run, and virtually every experience has been very, very negative. So likely I am biased which may be unfair. But if the Flames sports organizations are run with the same fingerprints, holy ####, business is ####ing cut-throat. I don't really see why it always needs to be.

You can have prices that seem over-the-top and focus exclusively on the business- sport be damned- yet still be / have much better management of the product, team and organization.

Flame away! I know I'm in the minority here, and I don't really care.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: