View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #162
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Baseball might be the worst offender right now. Anything remotely close, the managers are first reviewing it amongst themselves holding up the game. Then telling the umps to look at it. Essentially 2 reviews are being done.

CFL, coaches are throwing challenge flags at everything. Give them 1 challenge, if they lose it they''re out of them.

In Cricket, in the longest format; test matches, each team gets 2 challenges per 80 overs. They have to use them properly, if they don't they're out of them and cannot review a wrongful decision the rest of the day.

If you want to use technology then get rid of umpires. Otherwise, I agree with Slava, let the games happen, have a 3rd eye in the sky and if an umpire blatantly messes up, tell them to fix it right away.

They should be trying to shorten games not extend them. But knowing these leagues, soon the challenges will be sponsored.

"Hamilton challenges the last play, the challenge is brought to by Canadian Tire."

Tennis is the absolute worst. 3 incorrect challenges per set is a lot (although it only takes a few seconds)

Baseball is not bad. Only 1 incorrect challenge allowed in the first 6 innings although the process takes too long. I think you have to challenger within 30 seconds. (and I miss manager/umpire arguments)

NFL they still don't know what a catch is so replay is pointless.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote