View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #144
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a good character win for the Stampeders against the BC Lions but not sure they should get used to this type of game. I am glad they won the game and was very pumped up when Evans got that INT in the 4th quarter and even more pumped up when Tommy Campbell won it for us on an end zone INT.

OFFENSE:
I think the only knock on the offense is the OLine protection. There are way too many times that Bo Levi Mitchell was running for his lives and hurried his pass. Overall I thought Mitchell was pretty good all night. R Greg Wilson showed he belongs in the CFL. I think he can potentially be our Chris Williams if he gets the ball more. R Bakari Grant on the other hand looks kind of lost at times but looks good at times. They were at least 2 plays that I can think of that he blew it. On both plays he wasn't watching where the ball is going and was too late to react. Would love to see Greg Wilson get more plays and less of Grant. Stamps offense scored 44 points so you cannot really complain about that.

DEFENSE:
I really think Devon Claybrook need to learn a lot more in calling plays. I thought with his background as a DLineman, he would be more into sending his DLinemen go after the QB. There were hardly any pressure on Jennings all night. Not sure if the Lions' OLine were doing a great job stopping the Stamps' DLine and LB into pressuring Jennings or just the Stamps are not sending someone to go after Jennings. Teams cannot allow Jennings lots of time to pick his receivers as he can burn you with his arm. Makes you wonder why the DBs struggled all night against Burnham, Arceneaux and others. Look what happened when they started pressuring late in the 4th quarter, Jennings started making bad mistakes and ended up throwing 2 INT that cost BC the win. Run defense was good all night and I thought Reed was not bad but he could be better. I guess we got used to see Juwan Simpson very visible every game with his plays and barking at the opponents. Reed is the total opposite. I agree with the Da' Chief that I hope we should see Alex Singleton more.

SPECIAL TEAM:
I am really liking Roy Finch more and more every game. I really feel he will bring the ball all the way. It's been a long since we have a good returner that we can count on every game. Larry Taylor was good before he got hit hard on one play. After that he seems to be afraid all the time. One of the positive thing for the special team this season is the amount of illegal block or holding penlty whenever Finch is returning kick or punt. We are getting less this season. K Rene Paredes on the hand has been good with the Field Goal attempt, he is almost perfect all season but the problem is the point after TD. I have to think this mental. The past few seasons, convert been automatic so when Paredes started missing some convert he started thinking about the miss a lot.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post: