View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #125
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
The Aussies have absolutely smashed India in the first match of their 4 test tour winning by 333 before the end of the 3rd day! This was a very surprising result as Australia is a distant 2nd in the test rankings, hadn't won in India in over 12 years, and India was on a 20 match home unbeaten streak. They were led by Steve O’Keefe who posted an amazing 12-70 which was the greatest ever performance by a visiting spinner on the sub-continent. India could not get anything going posting 105 in the first innings and 107 in the second.
Shocking result to say the least - I guess Australia have validated their strategy of resting so many key players for the New Zealand and Sri Lanka series. I just hired a dude from India and the sessions are on all through the night here. He was really excited after the first day where they got Australia something like 210/9, but has been more and more upset ever since.

Meanwhile, South Africa's tour of New Zealand has produced two laughers and two really great close games. The T20 was pretty much a walkover for them, then the first two ODIs were decided in the final over with SA winning the first and NZ taking the second. Then yesterday it was a slaughter in Wellington, a 159 run defeat. Martin Guptill will be a godsend on wednesday when he returns from injury.

And I just found out that our local ground here in Queenstown is currently undergoing upgrades with the aim to host international matches next summer, so I could be getting some live cricket right in my backyard! Stoked!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote