Thread: ESPN 30 for 30
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #51
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_1987 View Post
I've loved this series so far and have made sure to watch almost every one produced BUT....

The Marion Jones one was freaking awful. They had a chance to really dive into the story and address a huge issue in sports right now, but the people behind this episode failed horribly. I hope her book fails miserably.
I'll go one step further. The Jones 30 for 30 was the biggest POS I've ever seen. It was like some sort of propaganda film to make a disgraced loser sprinter look like a rejuvenated hero who overcame hardships. It really does taint all the other 30 for 30 episodes I've seen.

People like jones are the scum of the earth. All she did for an entire hour was lay blame on everyone else and make herself look like a victim. Why did they even let her be a part of the doc? To let her promote her book?

If John singleton directed the 30 for 30 on OJ Simpson I'm certain he would have interviewed that murdering scumbag and tried to paint him as victim too.

They could have explored the steroid abuse in sports and specifically all the lying and cheating US amteur sports organizations have done in covering up all the drug use by athletes. Which BTW is true AFAIK. Not sure what the organization is called in the US but it has been revealed that for decades and right up until recently IIRC the amateur sports org that handles drug testing was complicit in covering up drug test failures by dozens of athletes.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 11-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote