View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #174
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Where does that come from? He's better at the Saddledome but his road splits aren't bad. 39 goals, 69 points in 130 games on the road, 29 less points and seven less goals on the road vs home ice. You'd want those numbers to be tighter but that isn't anything close to a vanishing act.

Sorry, wasn't he just replying to what you said, pointing out that maybe it's a bit silly to slight a 20 year old second year player for not being great in his first post season. Maybe you should buck up a little?
Strange post. The stats you provide do a pretty solid job of supporting my point, not yours. And then there's the fact that performance goes way beyond just the points. As we are seeing this year, when the goals aren't there Monahan doesn't add a whole lot on the ice. When I watch Monahan (and TBF Gaudreau as well) I see them disappear in the tough road games. Its not the end of the world as they are young players but again its worth discussing.

And to the 2nd point, I hardly 'blasted' Monahan for his playoff performance. If you're going to be so damn sensitive perhaps its not I that needs to ""buck up".
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote