View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
FlamingInfinity
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
Honestly, unless you plan on making a hobby of this, just take it to a place like Black's Photography. Their prices aren't bad for something like this. Takes a couple weeks though.
Thanks for the replies.

The games would be roughly an hour long, and with 29 'years' to go through, I think it'd get expensive real quick, which is something we don't want to get into. Even if it was about $30 a pop, we're looking at about $870, which is very steep.

Mykalberta I'll take a gander at the Roxio VHS to DVD like you suggested. The 8mm would be a problem to capture with it, but I think it was only a couple of years before my parents upgraded to a camcorder. They had to take half of the VCR with them, but they did it.

With VHS gone the way of the Beta, I think buying the software would be the best bet at the moment, if only to get everything transferred onto a more 'recent' medium.

My uncle has the latest version of a Corel?? editor installed as he was going to use that I think. It's no Final Cut Pro, but I'm sure once we've got the capture, any video editor would work.

Has anyone tried a DVD recorder at all? Just to keep all the options open.
Giordano: He plays for the oilers, enough said.
FlamingInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote