View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 01:57 AM   #11
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
So what, she didn't get what she wanted. She didn't have to make fun of the guys appearance especially considering she's an overweight middle aged woman.

Who cares if he's toothless? And he did live in a camper but the article called him homeless (and so did I for the Edmonton lulz) but I don't see how she can make fun of someone and then show a picture of her self which isn't very attractive at all. Does that make me a jackass? Well as pylon says they height shame him, and make fun of his appearance so she's fair game to criticism IMO.

Maybe the guy also paid for a date with someone he thought would be much skinnier and prettier, would it be ok for him to go to a news station and make it a story?

Imagine the guy reading or watching the news report and having them call him homeless, toothless, and height shaming him. Pretty sure he wouldn't feel great about that.
She may have gone too far with her description but at the same time I believe she did it to make a point about the agency and how they match people. To be fair she could have and didn't mention the name of the guy she had that date with.

Now if she was making fun as you say, she pretty much let readers know in the story that she has no confidence when it comes to dating and this incident has made herself esteem even worse. Opening herself up to being ridiculed and mocked by readers.

If the gentlemen feels wronged by the agency maybe he should go the media to make his point. That women was doing the same thing when she read about another woman being scamed.