View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
I got mine at Canada Place in Edmonton. I had a 6:50 a.m. flight to Philadelphia via Denver and had only arrived in Edmonton the night before (from Minneapolis). I left my passport in the seat pocket in front of me on my plane I'm pretty sure.

So I showed up at the airport and didn't have a passport. What United did was they issued a flight at 3:30 for myself and my travel companion to Denver (then onward to Philly). At that point, the race was on. I went to Canada Place and as soon as it opened (9 I think) I talked to someone there and asked how soon I could get my passport. They said I could get it by 12:30 or 1.

At that point, I had to get my passport photo, show them my birth certificate, hand them my boarding pass (which I think they scanned and had to send to Ottawa). My travel companion acted as my guarantor so she talked to them in person (I think this helped a lot).

I then had to go to a commissionaire and swear that I had indeed lost my passport and bring that document back to Canada Place.

I contacted my references and told them to make sure that they were completely available for the next several hours. After that, I just waited.

I figured I would check on the status of it at around 11:30 and sure enough, the passport was complete.

The one funny thing about the story is that when I did go through customs, they pulled me aside for verification since my passport had that exact day as my issue date and I was wearing the same thing in my photo that I had on at that time.

But is Canada Place the Main Passport office for Edmonton? My understanding was only main office could do one days.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote