View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #924
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
Probably because no one thought we could get Hamilton and the trade just happened out of nowhere. On the other hand Hamonic has been on the trade block forever and we were rumored in the running to get him. Plus I think Hamilton is seen as a younger guy with more potential to grow. Hamonic kind of seems like you know what you're going to get.

Top 4 is extremely solid now though. If Smith can play well and the forward group doesn't let us down the team should have a big year.
The thing with Dougie he was coming off a 41pt season as a 21 year old so the sky was the limit in the trade that we may have got a potential number 1 Dman. Hamonic we know we got a 2/3 D that we expect to be our 3/4 and he has an amazing contract.

I think there is some truth to tr Dougie trade literally coming out of nowhere. The rumor really didn't have legs until draft day and the rest is history.

Hamonic was a good 2-4 days of rumors with the Flames heavily rumored to be in the mix at the start.

A similar conclusion could be made if we traded for Landeskog vs Pasternak. Give up the same price for both I think fans would be more excited about Pasternak due to the age difference and the untapped ceiling. Landeskog would also be great but you know what you are getting.

Lastly I think it is easier to stomach moving futures when you get a player coming off an ELC vs a guy that is over 25 and on a contract that takes him to UFA status
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: