View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #18
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Her contract with the US national team was terminated: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/26/sp...ract.html?_r=0

Which is good, Solo can go #### herself forever.
I'm wondering how many people in here that put any defense of Hope Solo have actually read the full article. I think it does a good job of summarizing all of the events which led to the decision.

The ban from US soccer clearly was a series of events and the Sweden related comments were the icing on the cake. They were probably equally embarrassed with the whole twitter tweeting of pictures of beekeeping suit and bugspray stuff which really pissed off the Brazilians as she mocked them for the zika virus risks prior to the beginning of the tournament.

Her behaviour is likely something US soccer doesn't want emulated and therefore they're setting the tone with the move. Hope Solo seems like she is a disaster as a person, a horrible teammate and likely toxic to any dressing room she sets foot in.

Hey can I be the coach that she says doesn't know anything about soccer? What a treat she must be to coach.

Sometimes people's attitudes, no matter how good they are, can be too much.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: