View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #52
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Calgarypuck Prospect Ranking 2017 - Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Criminally underrated? Seems like a bit of exaggeration. I don't see how anyone can make a strong argument he should be in the top 5 personally. Perhaps you're underrating some of the other kids? Our defencemen and goalie prospects are extremely strong. Of course bias plays into it and I always view a potential top 4 defenceman as more valuable than a forward who projects as a 2nd/3rd liner.

Do you think Dube is one of the 5 most coveted Flames prospects by other teams?

I think Kylingon is a long way from being a top 4 defenseman. He's still a project in my eyes until he eliminates the brain facts in his own end. You know how NHL coaches are... Bone headed plays by rookies are instant demotions unless you are a can't miss guy.

Valamaki was a mid first rounder in a weak draft. I don't have enough info to evaluate him above guys I've seen a bunch.

Probably just a different evaluation method. In the cap era, guys who can spend most of their elc in the NHL are so valuable. Dube to me has the skill set to immediately make the NHL when he turns pro. You are likely looking at ceiling while I'm looking at most likely outcomes. Both have their pros and cons - you likely had jankowski ahead of me before this year and I probably wrote off guys like Neimsz before you.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote